The Detectors Inc. Model D171 1IR+UV Multi -Spectrum Flame Detectors are the most advanced optical flame detectors designed and optimized to respond to both Hydrocarbon based fires while rejecting False Alarm sources.
The D171 model senses UV radiation in the Ultraviolet spectrum and infrared radiation in one discrete band of the IR spectrum for detecting fires. Flame response and false source rejection for the D171 model is accomplished by utilizing the Convolution Method and Advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) in conjunction with hard coded Algorithms identifying specific wavelengths of Energy.
The Detectors is able to respond to Hydrocarbon fires at distances of 100+ feet, All this while rejecting False sources.
The D171 is a stand-alone fire & flame detector in a watertight NEMA 4X (IP66, 67) and explosion-proof Stainless Steel enclosure designed for indoor/outdoor Class I, Div. 1 (Zone 1) Installations. The Detector is supplied with Alarm / Auxiliary / Fault relays, 4-20 mA analog and RS485 outputs. The detectors can store 200 events and 6 FireGraphs in its FRAM memory.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Multi-Spectrum design for detecting Hydrocarbon fires with highest false alarm immunity
- Standard outputs: Alarm/Fault/Auxiliary relays, 4-20 mA, and RS485 ModBus
- 200 Event Logs and 6 FireGraphs each 6 seconds long
- Multiple selectable sensitivity levels
- Automatic Self-Test for checking electronic circuitry, and Optical Path Integrity test with OptiRadar®
- Standard 316 Stainless Steel enclosure
- Test Mode for manual testing
- Encased electronics module for easy field installation and removal
- Pluggable connectors for ease of wiring and installation
- Separate (isolated) field wiring compartment
- Manufactured in USA with a 5 – Year Warranty RFI & EMC compliant
- Meets SIL 2 requirements